Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Open Letter / Данила Поляков

I very much enjoyed reading last russian issue by Word
But in my opinion some things are missing there.
Nina Donis I would rather prefer than Chapurin.
They are more unique and more democratic.
Their dresses from Autumn/Winter 2008/2009 collection is my biggest fetish ever.
And the fashion show they 've presented recently is just awesome.

+ I would definitely add a feature about Danila Polyakov our model-artist Russian pride, actually.
Have a look at his last pictures. "New Old New" is a result of collaboration with Natasha Sych (stylist) and photographer Dmitry Zhuravlev. They presented a project focused on the works of the first Soviet fashion designer Slava Zaitsev.
25 images, 6 photo sequences moderated in a video and installation re-interpret the archival pieces from late 1980s to early 1990's.

from London with Love,
Irina



























No comments:

Post a Comment